David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 3 May 2012

Noce Blanche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgrnpq7g4U

You Tube is remarkable.

Film is not a subject often approached on this website but I find that my favourite film is available here in its entirety.

I have it on video but don't ever watch videos any more. But, since I've watched it at least eight times and with various people, but not in recent years I'll be interested to see if it is still as heartbreaking as I first thought. A film is no good at all if it doesn't make you cry.

I was only reminded of it in passing, thinking that this evening my friend remarked that although he had reservations about the Terry Eagleton books I'd lent him, he could see why The Gatekeeper was a big favourite of mine. Many years ago, another friend said very much the same thing about this film.