David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 26 March 2012

View from the Boundary


My digital camera is a much admired piece of kit and so it is only right that I share some of the masterpieces I've made with it with you. I'm afraid I've no idea what the church is called but it was on a walk near Bursledon and the river is the Hamble. The stained glass window is by Marc Chagall in Chichester Cathedral.
Some might be thinking the website should be renamed on a musical theme given so many recent items on music but it is still the intention to write about books and poetry when the opportunity arises, it just isn't arising at the moment.
Carcanet have new titles by Neil Powell and Clive Wilmer that I've not ordered yet and Amazon write to tell me that the Sean O'Brien essays are delayed. I only hope they are not delayed as long as The Deregulated Muse was because I first placed an order for that some three years, I think, before it appeared.
Apart from that, I hope to be able to announce soon that I will be making a public appearance in Havant on May 23rd at the launch of the new edition of South, to present my credentials for the requisite five minutes. I wouldn't want to detain anyone for much longer, to be honest.
In the meantime, I will go to see (hear, really) the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra play the greatest symphony ever written on Thursday. And I'd be interested to hear from readers what they consider their favourite symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.