David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 9 December 2011

The Saturday Nap - Week Eight



There's no such thing as a bad or dull meeting at Cheltenham, the most spectacular sporting venue in the world. There's plenty of talent and interest to watch tomorrow but a couple of the likeliest stars are not going to be at backable prices.The Nicky Henderson-Barry Geraghty partnership had a couple of winners today and Grandouet, 3.05, is a horse that has shown plenty already and could have more to come. My main worry is whether at 4 years old he's quite as experienced or tough as Overturn or Menorah but the latter wasn't quite up to it in last year's Champion Hurdle when carrying my featival nap and although Overturn has been impressively resilient in putting together a hat-trick already this season, he was getting weight when probably going to get beat by Oscar Whisky a few weeks ago when our money stayed in the bookies' satchels. So, I've taken the 11/4 already and don't want to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.