David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 28 April 2011

Hooksway Walk




Many thanks to Adrian for providing this photo of a difficult section of our recent walk centred on Hooksway. It's useful to have a dedicated photographer with us to capture such treasured moments and also very kind of him and whoever else it was that said I look like George Michael here.


To me, it looks like a man struggling slightly more than he should do on an uphill section and I'm thinking that it doesn't seem so many years ago that I used to enjoy the uphill bits of a bike ride. But the stick I found was surprisingly helpful.


It was a really good walk, with lots of big views to be had in exchange for the gradients that we eventually overcame.


I found the walk in The Times a few weeks ago where it suggested that you park in the pub car park and only have to tell the pub that you'll be back later to spend your money there. But you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers and the landlord was less than helpful so we had a couple of pints in Harting afterwards instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.