David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 13 April 2011

From the Archives - WTTA 12 Hour, 1995



27 August, 1995 was the day I spent achieving a personal best for 12 hours of bicycle riding. It does seem unlikely now but luckily the archives still have the evidence. Here seen coming back into Lechlade, so after 110 miles or so perhaps, and sometime around midday.
Those were the days, and heaven knows how much I miss it. But I'm afraid the situation has long gone well beyond repair. There are some memorable names on the result sheet there, and it was an honour to take part alongside them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.