David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 15 October 2009

50

http://www.squidoo.com/poetry-by-philip-larkin-8

Philip Larkin, one of my big heroes in poetry, took a dim view of turning 50 when it happened to him. I can see his point but while I still can would prefer to keep on doing what I'm doing despite the inevitable. Although his poem (scroll down a bit on the link) contains some fine lines, I'd prefer to seize what days are left. There could still be quite a few of them for all we know.

So, because I'll be away to London early on Sat 17th, let's mark it here. Anyone who can find us at The Garden Gate pub in Hampstead at 12.45 then is welcome to come to Keats house and then to Highgate Cemetery and some other drink-related place after that.
On Tuesday I'll be back up to London to see Kleinzahler at the LRB Bookshop; Thursday is the Southsea Shakespeare Actors' Othello and then I'm in Swindon with family for the next weekend.
I have to go to these things or there would be nothing to review here and then where would we be.

Best, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.