David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 24 February 2024

C20th

 My winter 'project', which is what it became, is tied up as a pdf now, such as it is. And, as long as you're prepared to accept that it is unedited - which means likely to have unworthy things in it and be simply not good enough- you can have it for the asking.
It's 30 thousand words including a lot of quotes and the footnotes and so it isn't really the 'book' it set out to be. It will always be there to go back to but it feels as if it's reached a first base camp at which it can rest. I don't think I'm cut out to produce a proper book. You know, it ain't easy. You don't know how hard it can be. But, having found myself sending it to one person on the off chance they might find it of interest or, heaven knows, useful then 'come one, come all'.
In one way writing such a thing for oneself is okay, like riding a bike a long way entirely for one's own satisfaction once was, but there was the outside chance that one or two others might be interested in how far I could go on a bike in the 1990's and so maybe writing shouldn't be kept completely private if anybody else wants to have a look. So whistle and it will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.