David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 27 December 2022

One in a Million

 

 

I already can't remember why Dee Dee Bridgewater came to mind. It was only within the last hour but I can't retrace the concatenation of thoughts that led me back more than 40 years to when she, and this album in particular, were state of the art, big favourites. Sadly she departed this house on that dreadful day when I let the pop vinyl go for mere cash. 
All I can do is rebuild and, if it wasn't such a discredited quote, 'build back better', and so 4 Dee Dee albums on two discs are on their way here. Stylish, suave and gorgeous, this album was a bit of its time but that's fine since precious little has improved on it since. She fancied herself a bit jazzier than this disco music perhaps but we'll see about that. It's not up to ourselves to decide what we were best at.
But you, if you're reading this, are much more than one in a million. You are one of not very many in a world population of 8 billion so 'thanks for being there'.
It might not yet be quite all over here for 2022. There might still be the shouting. But Happy New Year anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.