David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 20 October 2021

For Finnegans Sake

 It's not a title you expect to find in a Cosham charity shop, Finnegans Wake. One can hardly leave it there even if its ultimare function will be only to make the Joyce shelf look complete.
We were advised not to write about Ulysses at undergraduate level. It's probably good advice not to try to write about the Wake at any level. I read the first few lines to Yoko but got nowhere near the second full stop. I'll be needing a guide if I ever attempt it. It would be my most intrepid undertaking and it's not obvious what percentage of it one would 'get'.
--
I only saw five of the nearly grown-up cygnets at Hilsea. There were eight all summer so it is to be hoped the other three have gone on a school trip or something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.