David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Worth checking

There has been a tendency for governments to divulge bad news when it might be hidden beneath other, arguably more trivial, stories in the media.
So I just had a look at the BBC. As far as I can see, Jacob Rees-Mogg is still not Prime Minister. So, go on, Theresa - Blair liked football so much that he employed an advisor to find him a footballer to say he liked and he was provided with Steed Malbranque - so tell us whether Kieran Trippier is better than George Cohen or not.
What I did find was an interesting item about whether or not one is named after a footballer,
Are you named after a footballer
No, I'm not. I was named after a cricketer, David Sheppard, who opened the batting for England before becoming Bishop of Liverpool. I was closer to emulating him in one vocation more than the other.
Not much closer, I know, but closer nonetheless.

As my friend once jocundly observed, I could have been named Raman Subba Green.