David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 19 July 2017

These Roles Be Reversed

 


















These Roles Be Reversed

They pass them up, the drinks and food,
At least they try to, all day through,
In the hope that they do some good,
Sometimes on one’s 12 Hour Debut.

But they were passed to in their time,
By kids in shorts on country lanes.
The rider then was me and I’m
Giving the same drinks back again.

Man hands up sustenance to man
In very much similar style.
They cover what distance they can,
Something over two hundred miles.