David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Tuesday 28 February 2017

The Jess Davies Band

It is 40 years since a song written by me was performed in public. The legendary Emergency Exit, who were my mates from school,  played a church hall in Gloucester and the highlight of their set -for me at least- was my anthem of teenage anxiety, Everyone's An Onion.
But last night progress towards a number one hit or a place in the songwriters hall of fame resumed with The Jess Davies Band's premiere performance of Someone Somewhere (Davies-Green), where Jess does a fine job on the words I provided.

The next date on their itinerary is the Aurora Cafe Bar, Albert Road, Southsea, Fri 10th March, so get there if you can. Having checked out the website and seen the price of drinks there, I'll be glad of anybody who'll buy me one.

http://jessicadavies.co.uk/theband/