David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 17 August 2016

All The Nightmares Came Today and It Looks As Though They're Here To Stay



Some lines of poetry are pertinent to situations that they were not intended to describe. Perhaps that's what poetry is. Perhaps that's the genius of it, when it is genius.

I don't think David Bowie was writing about getting a new computer and trying to set it all up in Oh You Pretty Things.

However, the fact that I'm writing this and you're reading it is a sign that I have made some progress.

I don't know when I'll be able to see e-mails sent to the usual address and so, in the meantime, I think you can use dg171059@gmail.com.

And I'd be delighted to hear from you to confirm you've read this and so that I can add you into my new address book. Wherever that is.