David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 12 March 2015

Which is it

In the interests of balance, and not wanting to be accused of any partisan bias,

the subject of a recent Portsmouth Poetry Society meeting was to write about a current political figure,

which inevitably, among poets, turned out to be somewhat anti-Conservative,

because poets are traditionally feckless, bohemian and largely non-industrious,

and I don't regard the 17 syllable haiku as viable in the English language,

but still thought it necessary to ask,

Which is it

New Labour said We
don't do God. And then Blair said
God would be his judge. .