David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Friday 15 August 2014

Murakami Selfie

Heaven knows that I have some innate distaste for any word that didn't exist when I was at school. Not only the re-use of words like mouse for the computer component but new coinings, like those on the annual list of words admitted to the OED. Like 'onesie', 'selfie' and, a few years ago now, 'blogger'.
But I am wrong because I accept that language is a constantly developing thing and I have no objection to the vast list of words first attributed to Shakespeare. But I mean, if he made up so many of his own words then how did anybody know what he was on about.
But I had taken some 'selfies' before there was a word for it and how many things are there
one might have done before there were words for them.
And a few minutes ago, I took a series of photographs called the Murakami Selfies to celebrate the arrival of this soi-disant Great Publishing Event. This is the best of them, the one I look least gormless in. Honestly.
Colorless. I'm expecting to like him a lot. Review to follow in due course but please bear in mind that two other books arrived today. They come not single spies but in battalions.