David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Thursday 17 July 2014

What Cameron Talks About When He Talks About Gove

With all due respect, which is precious little, I think what David Cameron meant when he issued his ludicrous eulogy to the four years he has had of Michael Gove as Education Minister, was more like,

Michael Gove is toxic. There is no way I can have this weirdo in a high profile job as we approach the next General Election. Where can I put such a twisted character without having to admit I'm sidelining him. Oh, I know, Chief Whip. He is exactly the sort of malevolent little sod I need to bully, blackmail and harrass the backbenchers. What a fine thing an Oxford University education is.

I wonder if Mr. Cameron would like to employ me as a speechwriter.