David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Maggie, I think I got something to say to you

Congratulations to Portsmouth poet, Maggie Sawkins, on winning the Ted Hughes Award 2014 for her Zones of Avoidance, http://www.poetrysociety.org.uk/content/competitions/tedhughes/

I'm glad to say that Portsmouth Poetry Society invited her to read as a friend at the reading we have planned for National Poetry Day, Oct 2nd, before this success and that she agreed. I only hope now that she will still be available and it is still on the originally agreed terms ( ! ).

So please put the date in your diary when PPS will be launching the new edition of Calliope, because now it is officially an even better event than it was going to be.

Well played, Portsmouth. You see, there really is something going on down here.