David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Robert Robinson















Lines in Memory of Robert Robinson

So, Farewell, then, Robert Robinson,
Master of erudition and Call My Bluff.

The next word is PANELGAME.

Frank,

Imagine if you will, you are having dinner in an Arab country.
You need to mop up the last of your first course, which was a spicy soup.
Your host offers you some bread. It won’t be a slice of Mother’s Pride or Hovis,
It will be a homemade Pan-el-Game, pronounced pan-el-garmay.

Patrick

I, I, I don’t know if you’ve ever wondered about those windows sometimes built into the side wall of a pantry. They were used to keep an eye on the vegetable patch from the comfort of indoors to defend against turnip thieves. First introduced in France, they were known as Pane des Legumes, which became anglicized as Panelegume and then Panelgame.

Joanna Lumley.

It’s Panelgame. You bring together some writers of light, humourous entertainments with an actor and celebrity or two and play a parlour game of no particular significance to provide half an hour of television.

Would that it were, my dear, would that it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.