David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 26 July 2010

The Call of the Wild

The Call of the Wild

They couldn't have made it up,
couldn't have known what bleak peace
they would know communally
while the cold water they pass
through passes through them and when
it moves they move the same way.

And they don't know they're born, do
they, as ordinary and wild
as the shallow inshore tides
that bring them briefly landward
and have no need of words or
music to describe themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.