David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Monday 25 January 2010

Magnetic Fields Realism Sneak Preview

http://www.myspace.com/themagneticfields

Oh, of course, myspace. Why didn't I think of that earlier.

I'll be hoping that We Are Having a Hootenany isn't supposed to be a stand-out track on the new album but, then again, you don't give your best stuff away for nothing. Unless you're me.

But You Must Be Out of Your Mind is suitably as is to be expected,

You call it sunset,
now it's dawn.
You can't go round
just saying stuff
because it's pretty
and I no longer drink enough
to think you're witty.

That'll do fine. Same old, same old dark, heartbroken themes. But, when you have your masterpiece behind you, what more are you supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.