David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Sunday 20 September 2009

Poet's Birthday Cakes - David Green


To begin a new feature on the website, here is a picture of the birthday cake made by my sister and delivered today.
So, if anybody has pictures of birthday cakes made for T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, Stevie Smith or any other poet, please e-mail them in. I expect there'll be hundreds posted here soon.
On my 40th birthday cake, or it might have been my 30th, there was a footballer nominally in Fulham kit so I'm thrilled by the thoughtfulness involved here that shows I have progressed to the immortal bard.
Obviously I can't eat any of it for a few weeks yet and unfortunately my next door neighbour, whose wife sometimes gives me home made apple pies, saw it being smuggled in, so I might have to share it when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.