David Green

David Green (Books) is the imprint under which I publish booklets of my own poems, or did. The 'Collected Poems' are now available as a pdf. The website is now what it has become. It keeps me out of more trouble than it gets me into. I hope you find at least some of it worthwhile.

Wednesday 21 January 2009

New Acquisition- The Wound by Thom Gunn


Readers of the previous website will be familiar with the highlights of my library of poetry books which features a number of signed volumes by prominent poets of the twentieth century. And anybody in possession of unwanted signed books by T.S. Eliot, W.H. Auden or Philip Larkin should get in touch.
A recent acquisition at what I think is a bargain price is this hand-written Thom Gunn poem, presumably written out and signed and dated by Gunn for an admirer. At £13.49, it seemed like a bargain to me. There is no doubt about its authenticity as I have a letter from Thom as well as a few signed books and this is what his handwriting is like.
The Wound was an early poem and not necessarily among my favourites of his but it really would have been too much to expect e-Bay to have the original manuscript of My Sad Captains gettable at such a price.
But it does give me a new marketing idea. Any and every David Green poem is now available in handwriting and signed on request. The going rate is £13.49 including p&p.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.